Friday, June 19, 2009

Well what was supposed to be a fun filled weekend, has begun with a horrible start. This morning my dog Sadie passed away. She was 11 years old and had been struggling to fight off bronchitis for the past week or so. It looks like she died from choking and not being able to breath, although yesterday the vet said she should be fine, I don't get it. She was a great dog, although she gave my family a hard time sometimes, I can't remember a time that I was truly mad at her. Sure she did the everyday dog things, like take forever to find that one perfect blade of grass to pee on, or bark...forever....when someone walked by the front door, but all in all, if you think about it, she was just being a dog. She leaves us with some great memories, some in particular are the time that we got her a huge 3' long bone for Christmas, and she couldn't walk around with it, although she sure did try. Or the many truck rides she came on in my old truck, just jumped right on up in the bed and stuck her face into the wind, she absolutely loved that. She wanted to be nothing but a kind, loving dog. Never bit anyone, never growled, you were usually treated with a constant push and shove from her until you pet her...and I mean petttt her, for like 10 minutes, then she would leave you alone lol. She's the only dog that I know that would offer to shake your hand everytime she saw you, that's all she wanted, she'd sit right there and lift her paw up until you shook it, then she'd do the other paw lol. I sure am going to miss that dog, I wonder if it really was her time, but I do know that she's in a better place now where everyone will shake her paw and a place where all the blade's of grass, are the perfect one. Rest in Peace Sadie, my Lady. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dog.
    Jolea introduced me to your site.
    That's her momma above me.
    She's cool!
    We're all cool.
    Welcome to the World of Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looked so lovely - a really gentle face!! So sorry for your loss, and ditto what Maria (overboard) said, welcome....

    ReplyDelete